Turkey Pot Pies.

My husband, god love him, struggles with the holidays every year.  He gets pretty testy if the kids who have moved out, don't make an effort to see us on the major holidays.  Well, I was kind of hoping this year would be different, but it is not to be.

Upset upon learning that a few kids might not be able to get together at least for desert, he starts grumbling in the store.  Instead of buying the turkey, stuffing and all the trim, he insist we just buy turkey pot pies and call it a day.

Sigh.

Here we go again.

There's something about Thanksgiving that brings out the crazy in my family.  Once, we found a packaged frozen turkey in the middle of our residential street.  I wanted to put up a poster, with something along the lines of;  "Hey, can you identify your turkey?" and give it back.  My husband said, "Finders keepers," and wanted me to cook it. 

I didn't.  How do I know someone didn't inject something weird into that bird? 

I would LOVE to hear your turkey stories.  Leave them in the comments and I'll read them to my grouchy husband and maybe we can turn ours around. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival