The behind the scenes story of Yellow Rock

Yay!  We made it!   Yellow Rock is live.  But I bet you didn't know there's another story, the story behind the story.

 My dad was a prospector.  Oh, he was many things, he owned  sign company, his father was the famous magician, The Great Fontaine, so he was a magician as well.  He was a helluva guitarist.  But the thing that seemed the most unique was he was a gold miner. 
  Guess who had to hike all over the desert with her dad, helping to carry all that equipment?  In Yellow Rock, Dutch has 'Fatty' the mule.  My dad had me.  Sigh.  And we lived in Yuma, Az.  It was HOT.  LOL.

 I have many, many fond memories of digging for gold with dad.  Once I sat on a boulder full of scorpions.  (should have put that in the book)  and another time, I found his biggest nugget.  I was eight, and on a rock, just so we wouldn't lose the spot, I wrote; Kelly's MIND.  I had typo's even at eight years old. 

Anyway, I really enjoyed writing about Dutch, and reliving my childhood days hiking up the rocks, getting dusty and dirty, and...well, I wish I could find that rock.  It is somewhere near the AZ/California border. 

I hope you all enjoy Yellow Rock and read how Willow tries to find her own 'MIND'  ~Elle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival