Author Susanne Matthews visits the Elite Blog!

Who's excited about the November 21st release of this book? ME!  Don't get me wrong, I love a good sweet Christmas romance, but there's something quite thrilling when you mix the holidays with a great suspense, and Susanne Matthews never disappoints. This looks to be her best yet. Here's the blurb, and then read on to find out what inspired the story.

Going home for Christmas can be deadly.
Candy Kayne agrees to go to Black Oaks, the Georgia plantation her ancestor reluctantly left after the Civil War, to meet the family she’s never known and help Steve set a trap for his wife’s killer. Even the wildest tales have a kernel of truth in them and as she learns more about the family’s history, she realizes that coming here may have been the biggest mistake of her life.
Losing Amy almost destroyed Steve Anderson, but when Candy steps into his life, her sweetness chases the dark gloom away. But when he realizes the man who murdered his wife may have set his sights on Candy, he’ll do whatever he has to in order to keep her safe.  

When I asked Susanne about her inspiration, she told me that after doing a DNA test she learned quite a few surprises, one of which is that being Canadian, she quite possibly could have family in the south that she will never know. She also is a history buff and does a lot of traveling to see first hand the history before it is removed forever.  

Right now, Susanne is home bound, buried in snow, and I told her that being from Southern Arizona I was jealous until she showed me a photo of her car buried under a mountain of the stuff. Okay, okay...I've got it good down here with my cactus.  

Murder and Mistletoe is available for pre order on Amazon here. Click here for Murder & Mistletoe



Comments

  1. Thank you so much for having me today. Believe me when I say, I'm not looking forward to going outside. I envy you your cactus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival