Old Age and Pot Holes

I'll be turning 50 in May. And while that's not exactly old, it isn't young either. To be honest, it has some advantages. For instance, by this age you've generally hit your peak and if you're lucky, can afford to do things you wanted to do 20 years ago, but now you're forced to do it in a not-so-fit package.
 You also find that your spouse bitches about the most mundane things. POT HOLES for example. I hear about his tax dollars being wasted every ten miles. I finally called him out on it and he planned revenge in the form of MUD. Yes, he sweet talked me into climbing into his off-roader I lovingly named, Snot, and he purposely used Snot to hit every rain-filled pot hole from Tucson to Mexico. I loved it.
 It's true what they say.  You regress as you age. I'm going back to where I started, I'm playing in the mud and to hell with how I look.
  Btw, I'm starting a new book...I think. Something for Harlequin I hope. We'll see.


Comments

  1. For my blog I wrote on old age recently and felt we only have three categories-- youth, middle age, and old. Youth and old age are much influenced by hormonal changes. My 50s were some of my best years for a ton of reasons. For me old age didn't start until my 70s probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I get over the shock of turning a half-century, I'll get back with you on that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival