My Haunted Double-Wide.

When you think haunted house, typically the mind envisions beautiful old Victorian style homes with sweeping staircases, attics, basements and creepy dead trees that loom over the entire thing. You don't usually think trailer. Oh, let me be politically correct as to not insult this place or it's inhabitant. Manufactured Home. 


I'm here to set you straight. At first I thought I was imagining this. I mean it's a new trai...manufactured home, brand new. No ghost here. Never really thought of ghost as being anything more than floating bed sheets that used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid watching Scooby-Doo.  

Not anymore. I'm woke. Real woke now. 


It started innocently enough. The house is sitting on a tad over an acre of land. The entry is a double heavy iron gate that you need the strength of two bears to open. We are also in the desert and it's hot, so getting out of the air condition car to push open hot gates is a chore. Well, my teen daughter thought so as she whined about having to do this. Until, the gate swung itself open to let us drive through. Knowing the impossibility of it, my daughter curled herself into a ball in the passenger seat and refused to get out and close the gate. I laughed it off as I got out to push it closed. But on the inside I was freaking out. There's no wind, this gate is barely moveable. How in the bloody hell …. That was fifteen years ago, and it has never, not once, ever opened itself since no matter how much I have begged it.

So after a year or more of crazy happenings, we finally confessed to the neighbor that something in our new home feels 'off.' to which she tells us that yes, in fact, someone over dosed on pot just a few yards from our gate. Who does that? Who overdoses on pot? Anyway, he was a kindly old biker dude and he had quite the sense of humor.
He still does and he's a pervert too.
 He seems to only come into the house when there's teenage girls present and he pinches their ass. True story. Sometimes he screws with the cat, and my laundry room is his "crib." More shit happens in my laundry room than anywhere else and I don't know why. 

To add to all of this, we are big time Halloween fanatics. You'd think this haunted house stuff would be right up our alley. Well, we do host a home haunt to which, I joke every year that we don't need decorations, because our biker ghost will do the work for us. I stopped being so sarcastic ever since he was caught on video whispering in the camera, "I'll be good."  EVP at HOME Haunt 34 sec mark And then, this thing continues to set off the motion activated witch long after I have passed it.  If you watch this video all the way through, you will hear this witch continue to talk when my son and I are no where near it.  

Perhaps the best story about my biker ghost and this place happened after another home haunt and another motion activated Halloween prop. We had our party, and everyone had gone home except for two friends and their son who stayed a while longer to visit. By our gate we had a motion activated grim reaper and he can only talk if someone walks directly in front of him. Plus, it was night time and dark. He wasn't going to go off unless you put a flashlight on his motion sensor and someone or something crossed the beam of light. This reaper has always annoyed me because frankly, he is hard to set off. Well there he is all by his lonesome by our gate, no flashlight on him and my friends and I are a good twenty yards from him relaxing and talking about the party, old times etc. When my friend's husband commented about the reaper. Suddenly the reaper's eyes light up and he starts talking. David, our friend talks back, the reaper talks back. David stops talking, the reaper stops talking. Okay, so the reaper is only saying the pre recorded things it's programed to say, but it's talking and lighting up only when David talks to it and David is NO WHERE NEAR IT.  

Maybe the batteries were going dead? I don't know that was four years ago and the damn reaper works fine, never changed the batteries. 

So, my haunted trailer was up for sale. I never mentioned the ghost. I mean, it's just a figment of my imagination. My husband and I completely remodeled most of the house and put it on the market. Despite all of our work and the fact the area was a hot market, every house but ours sold. Finally, the realtor confessed that there is something here that makes him uneasy and for some reason the front entry gate makes him especially nervous. The same gate that opened for my kid, the same gate the reaper had a convo with my friend. So here we sit in our haunted house and held captive by the biker ghost who doesn't want to let us go. (I say, he should do the damn dishes, mow the weeds or do something to make himself useful.) but that's just my opinion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival