Come and share my fire.

Good Monday morning!
Please join me around my fire and help yourself to the pipe, the drink, and relax for a spell.

  Guess what I did most of the weekend?  I worried.  What did I worry over?  Well, I noticed a few sales of my very early published works and I started to get all gut tied inside because I remembered how I struggled to put words to paper in such a way that you folks would understand them.
  I worried that maybe I should remove those books.  After all, there are grammar mistakes, maybe a few plot holes, maybe, just maybe it would read like I wrote them using my feet. 
   Then I decided NOPE THEY STAY.  Why?  Because, I'm hoping by this time next year I'll think the same way about the stuff I am currently publishing.  I'm hoping that my craft continues to improve. 
  Will I lose readership because the words are not perfectly written?  I don't know. If life itself was perfect, I'd be sitting around a fire with a long pipe and recalling tales of humor, of love, of  births of my children. Maybe I'd speak of glorious hunts and the general tribulations life to a village of familiar faces.  But since I'm stuck in the modern world, all I can do is tell my  tales via a computer and hope that readers will return to share my fire with me.  Hopefully, they will overlook my baby steps and watch me grow like proud siblings or parents.  So, the verdict?  Everything stays.  Those imperfect books tell a story.  My story.  Every bit of it complete with mistakes and I'm going to use each book as a stepping stone up the staircase of writing greatness.  Because I can't sit with you all around a fire and pass the pipe. 

P.S. If you've never sat by a campfire, I highly recommend it.  It's therapeutic as hell.  Suddenly, you feel like talking.  You don't want to look at your cell phone, a T.V. or a microwave.  Your mouth will water for roasted meat or treats and you just start reflecting on your life's journey like the water reflects the sky.  It's a soul healing experience and I hope you try it someday soon.  Time is running out to get right with yourself.

Until next time, Elle Marlow          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival