Writer's block and new projects

                                                          Writer's Block.  I has it.
 Well, sometimes I do, and I've been given great advice by writers who've done this much longer than I have.  Usually, they tell me to take a walk, take a shower or just get outside and refresh.  All good advice and has worked well in the past.  However, another way that I think works wonders, is to just start another project.  Go someplace entirely new and different with your keyboard.  It's amazing how shaking up your imagination by heading someplace else with your writing will stir up new ideas for the old.

Sometimes, those secondary projects will turn out some great stuff.  Write about anything, anywhere.  It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to get you thinking differently and out of the box. 

I did this recently, and now have a sequel to Christmas at Wild Horse Ranch.  Pretty soon, you'll see Christmas and Wild Fire Ranch hit Amazon and all because I wasn't able to mentally get focused on my primary project. 

How do you get through writer's block?  I would love to hear your remedy.  Until then, have a blessed day and write on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brand new novella and pics from the film festival

Two projects are finalist at The Wild Bunch Film Festival